He Drove Me Mad - DVD & Teaching Guide
Do you want to understand and help the women that you work with?
Homeworks Trust has created He Drove Me Mad - DVD & Teaching Guide. This is an essential tool for anyone who works in social work, health, therapy, the justice and legal system or social and community services.
Women who have experienced domestic violence are:
- 8 times more likely to be suicidal1
- 4 times more likely to suffer from depression2
- 3 times more likely to suffer anxiety2
- 4 times more likely to have post traumatic stress2
- 6 times more likely to abuse drugs or alcohol
The DVD is a dramatised documentary that includes facts about domestic violence and mental illness.
After seeing the DVD many women have said, “This tells my story.” “It’s the first time that my experience has been recognised.”
The DVD will help you identify women who have been affected/driven mad by domestic violence, ask the right questions and respond constructively to women who come to you for help. These women can then begin to understand the cause of their distress.
The teaching guide includes: Information on how to run a teaching session, a CD with teaching handouts (each issue mentioned in the dramatisation is addressed in the hand-outs), a basic Powerpoint presentation on the core issues.
It is available in NZ/European(Pal) and US format (NTSC).
He Drove Me Mad costs $NZ 85.00 (GST exempt).
To order a copy of the DVD and accompanying Teaching Guide you may choose one of the following:
- Email Debbie Hager (Chair person, Homeworks Trust) Email: email@example.com
- Fill in the form which is below to the right of the Homeworks Trust Video:
- Fanslow, Janet L., & Robinson, Elizabeth M. (2004). Violence against women in New Zealand: Prevalence and health consequences. The New Zealand Medical Journal, 117(1206), 1-12.
- Roxane Agnew-Davies (2010) Effects of Domestic Violence on mental health: Good practice guidelines for managing the psychological distress from domestic abuse. Domestic Violence Training Ltd. Roxanne_Agnew-Davies.pdf