What are the aims of the trust?
The aims of the trust are:
- To fill the gaps in service provision, primarily in housing and accommodation for women.
- To carry out or to support research that highlights housing, accommodation and related needs of women.
- To base the service that the Trust provides on an identified need.
- To advocate and lobby for policy which enhances the provision of services and housing for women.
- To encourage equity in accommodation and housing for women.
The initial service aims of the trust were to set up and administer, or to support other organisations to administer:
- a refuge for women with drug and alcohol problems
- a refuge for women with mental illness problems
- a professionally run residential service, exclusively for women who currently live in commercial boarding houses.